As we age, our body starts to show signs. For instance, your joints and bones begin to ache, we start losing hair, and our skin begins to sag from everywhere. Many people get wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines as early signs of aging. Therefore, people opt for different skincare practices to tighten and fuller skin. The most followed cosmetic treatment that individuals use is dermal fillers. If you are looking to try this injectable for yourself, you are on the right page. This article mentions everything that you need to know about dermal fillers.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermatologists have invasive, non-invasive, and over-the-counter prescriptions for treating skin aging. When people enter their early 40s, the collagen production in our body naturally decreases, leading to issues like skin sagging and wrinkles on the face, hands, and other body parts. Suppose the oral contraceptives do not work for you. In that case, your dermatologist will suggest injectable implants to tighten your skin and reduce the visible aging signs. Interestingly, patients who got their dermal fillers by Drs. Cheng opines that they could witness the results within a few days and get brighter and tightened skin.
Where can you use this injectable treatment?
Injectable fillers are one of the most widespread treatments in the medical aesthetics field. The candidates do not need any recovery time. Instead, they can achieve immediate results. People use this treatment in different areas and boost their appearance. The common areas are:
- Lips: Injectable collagen helps people to volumize their lips. Plump lips are always in fashion, and with the constant hype from celebrities, lip-plumping has become common. You can customize the volume dispensing on how you want to look.
- Cheeks: As collagen production decreases in the skin, your cheeks lose their volume. It happens more with people who participate in high-intensity workouts and continuous running. Facial fillers help you get younger-looking cheeks back. It creates a more youthful appearance without any invasive surgery.
- Frown lines: The forehead is another common area where you can get injectables. Many people get frown lines which dull their look. So, they choose to get injectable treatment to remove the lines and get a more youthful face.
- Nose and Chin: You no more need to undergo surgical procedures for minor shape issues in your nose and chin. Injectable treatments work as alternates to surgical procedures and help reshape the areas that go dull with age.
What are the different types of injectables that dermatologists use?
Our skin produces different elements that help in skin-tightening, brightening, and keeping it healthy. With age, the production naturally decreases. Thus, doctors use injections to fill in the same substance in our skin to retain its youthfulness. They are:
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: It is a mineral-like compound found in human bones. Dermatologists use this compound to treat nasolabial folds, frown lines, and sagging cheeks.
- Hyaluronic Acid: It helps in enhancing skin contours and minimizing skin depression. Doctors use this acid to treat acne scars, crow’s feet, smile lines, and cheek depression.
- Polyalkylimide: Doctors use this because it is a biocompatible filler and does not react with human tissues. It helps plump up the lips, treat wrinkles and depressed scars, and treat facial damage due to HIV medication.
Taking injectables is a common practice among people after a certain age. There is no harm in taking injectable treatments. Experts recommend consulting a dermatologist for better understanding.
Tiffany is a Medical Student and also works as a fitness coach in part-time. She is also a writer and writes on health and fitness articles. Tiffany loves to engage with users and help them provide various useful information on General Health. She provides researched-based information and also featured on various blogs and magazines.