So, what exactly is the sacral chakra? Well, it is a point located in the lower abdomen region just below the tailbone. It is the second chakra, which is also orange in color, and its primary element is known as water. It has also been associated with a lot of emotional responses and proper regulations will need to be done within the human body in order to maintain your emotions. It is also the hotbed for any emotional content that you undertake within yourself, and also happens to be associated with reproductive function as well as a sense of taste.
It is located close to the root chakra, which is all about preoccupations with safety and survival along with instincts that will be able to guide you with the perceptions of the world. It allows you to take on the creative ideal, which will be able to develop a quick-fire response to any kind of emotional pattern as well as intelligence that you will be looking out for.
It is primarily due to this closeness with the pelvic region as well as the reproductive organs that this chakra also happens to be the center for the pleasure in the human body. It can be from your daily experiences, or even from some sensual activity that you are doing. It also leads to an abundance of creativity and comes across as something that is very strong in its intuition, opening up a new facet of the chakra that can be good enough for you. It provides a very open and balanced chakra that enables you to experience intimacy as well as really love someone, without any kind of judgment and remain totally honest about your desires, enabling you to live a life that is filled with authenticity.
Why should you heal your sacral chakra?
When there is a blockage in the sacral chakra, you find that it not only causes you a lot of physical distress but emotional problems as well. These are sensitive points located all around your body that can moderate the energy, and the free movement of the energy maintains your health as well as the vitality of any person. If those are affected in any manner, like a blockage, then it will be limiting the flow of energy, thereby creating an imbalance within your body. You would need to restore the balance in your body by getting rid of such kind of blockage.
So, what can overactive sacral chakra cause?
- Overreactions emotionally.
- Attachment to the people in an excessive manner, and always feeling of neediness in any kind of relationship.
- Dependent on the other person.
- Abdominal cramps as well as muscle tension.
Sacral chakra healing
In order to get rid of the blockage of energy, there are a few things that can be done. These require regular practices, and it has been designed in such a manner that it can stimulate the sacral chakra, allowing the energy to flow freely, without creating any kind of problems. You need to keep it in a balanced manner and understand that following all the instructions properly is more of a necessity.
Sacral chakra stones
The use of sacral chakra stones such as orange calcite, Carnelian, Citrine or some other or in stones has been extremely useful when it comes to getting rid of problems with the sacral chakra. For some people, Moonstone has also been pretty effective in taking care of this problem.
Sacral Chakra Yoga poses
The rampant use of yoga in order to channel your inner energy and ensure that there are no problems has always been found in medieval times, and it is also something that can be used in order to treat problems with your sacral chakra. There are poses such as the Bound Angle Pose, or the open Angle pose that will be able to rejuvenate the sacral chakra, making it free from any kind of encumbrances.
By doing these things, one would be able to relax and have a wonderful time by healing themselves without having to worry about any kind of medication. Moreover, people can also make use of water, particularly the open water in order to relax and rejuvenate the sacral chakra, since whatever happens to be an essential element in that particular chakra. So, you can go out to the lakes, rivers, streams or even the oceans in order to find out the perfect place for you to rejuvenate yourself. You can take a shower or go for a swim in that place, and find yourself feeling relaxed, which could be primarily due to the blockage getting over from the sacral chakra. You would find your emotions flowing freely, and not have to worry about any problems.
Important things to remember for the healing of sacral chakra
- You need to understand that sacral chakra is all about trying to maintain the perfect balance within your body. It needs to be perfectly between the number of emotions that you need to display and the kind of actions that you need to undertake on a daily basis. If your life is filled with sensations and experiences alone, then you need to ensure that there is a proper balance between them. Only in that manner will there be a healthy flow of energy all throughout your body.
- Sacral chakra has also been known to be properly drained whenever there is any kind of situations where emotions play a very big part. This can be certainly true when it comes to a dysfunctional family, as well as for people that have to deal with a lot of stress and emotions in their workplace. In order to tackle this problem, one needs to understand that expressing their emotions in the proper manner is the best way for them to counter any kind of problems with their sacral chakra. It will be able to provide them with a proper expression on how they would be able to go about their daily activities without any kind of disappointment.
Tiffany is a Medical Student and also works as a fitness coach in part-time. She is also a writer and writes on health and fitness articles. Tiffany loves to engage with users and help them provide various useful information on General Health. She provides researched-based information and also featured on various blogs and magazines.