Another acne breakout, another product to get rid of it, and another failed attempt at getting rid of acne. What do you do then, to keep these acne breakouts at bay? How about trying out some natural acne cures instead? The reason that home remedies for acne are so popular is that they have stood the test of time, over and over, and emerged as clear winners in the bid for the best methods of acne treatment that work fast and effectively. Why then, are you still attempting to cure it by means of the expensive products for acne and acne scar removal that are flooding the market, when most of the products required for its treatment are available in your kitchen?
Natural Acne Treatment
The best thing about natural acne treatments is that the products required to create or develop these treatments are so easily available and reasonable. Enlisted here, are some of the best acne treatment methods that have worked for people for ages.
- Use the paste of fresh tomatoes on the acne affected area, and allow it to remain on the skin for about an hour, and rinse thoroughly. Notice the glow and the gradual reduction in acne after regularly resorting to this method.
- Lemon has several anti-bacterial properties, and in its many forms, can help kill the bacteria that causes acne. Mix lemon juice and rose water in equal parts, and apply it to the skin with a cotton swab. Allow it to remain for half an hour, then rinse your face. Simply rub the skin of a lemon on your skin and leave it on for half an hour again, or use lemon juice on its own to keep the acne at bay. Remember to resort to any one of these uses of lemon as an acne treatment.
- Apply the paste of an apple on the affected area, and let it remain for a few minutes. Wash it off to get rid of red acne spots on face.
- Resort to the benefit of the various essential oils for acne, that will help you clear out your skin. Of all the essential oils, tea tree oil is specifically known to be an acne treatment that works effectively. Apart from tea tree oil, the other essential oils you can use are witch hazel oil, geranium oil, or fennel oil. Remember to dilute these in a carrier oil such as olive oil, and apply it to your acne affected skin overnight. Slowly, this method of acne control will help you get rid of the marks and scars that are bothering you.
- Aloe has always been useful in treating any kind of skin condition, and the same goes for acne. Applying the gel from an aloe vera stem, or simply ingesting aloe vera daily is indeed one of the best acne treatments that have known to work for those suffering from it.
- Apply a crushed clove of garlic on the affected area. Yes, it is bound to stink but with its anti-bacterial properties, it will work wonders for your acne-prone skin, leaving it clear and gorgeous. Rinse off the garlic after about twenty minutes.
- A paste of honey and cinnamon powder applied overnight and rinsed in the morning is another simple acne treatment that is known to work fast for people who suffer from anxiety about hideous acne breakouts.
Prepare the juice of fresh mint leaves, and apply it to the acne affected area for about 30 minutes. Rinse the skin with lukewarm water thereafter. You can follow this remedy two times a day for the best results.
Make a paste of milk and gram flour, and apply it as a face mask, leaving it on till it dries completely. Add in a pinch of turmeric for better results. Rinse it off and notice an instant glow in your skin, along with gradual elimination of the acne.
- A scrub prepared from milk and oatmeal, or yogurt and oatmeal, is also a great method of acne treatment and acne scar removal at home. Scrub your skin gently with this natural scrub, and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow it up with the use of a mild lotion or skin cream for sensitive skin.
For these acne treatment methods to work, you also have to adhere to some other rules. These include avoiding fried and junk food, including sugary treats and refined flour products such as bagels and donuts, and switch to a healthy diet where you consume several portions of fruits and vegetables regularly. Drink lots of water, and wheatgrass juice if possible. Get good sleep, and exercise to bring out the natural glow of your skin, and to aid its healing process. These are all age-old methods of acne treatment that work, that we tend to overlook due to the presence of one product after the other that claims to get rid of acne scars overnight in the market. Just try any one of these acne treatment methods, and you will swear by these as methods of acne prevention and permanent relief from acne. However, if any of these methods still fail to show results, it is time you consult a dermatologist to diagnose and treat the root cause of your acne problem.
Tiffany is a Medical Student and also works as a fitness coach in part-time. She is also a writer and writes on health and fitness articles. Tiffany loves to engage with users and help them provide various useful information on General Health. She provides researched-based information and also featured on various blogs and magazines.